In which order is the Christmas tree decorated? How many balls, pendants, etc. are needed for a tree? Which colours can be combined? Which colours are trendy?
For a tree of 1,50 m at least 100 parts are needed.
Harmonious colour combinations
- Gold with red, blue, green, black or violet
- Silver with red, blue, rosé or green
- White with red, blue, rosé or silver
- Different colour nuances of one colour
- Strong colours: red, grape, black, gold, blue-green
- Warm colours: red, beige, brown
- Muted colours: blue, beige, grey
- Pastel shades: violet, mint, white
Order of decoration
- First attach the chain of lights – from top to bottom.
- In the second step the Christmas tree balls are hung on the branches. Hang the big balls downwards and the small balls upwards.
- Next, pendants, ribbons, bows, berries, etc. are evenly distributed in the tree. Heavy parts should be hung on the strong branches so that the tree ornaments don‘t overstrain the branches.
- Hang tinsel and garlands in the tree from top to bottom.
- Now the finial is attached. Possibly the tree top must be cut something for this. Optionally also a bow or a star can be fastened as crowning conclusion.
- Attach wireless lights and real candles incl. candle holder as last. With real candles make sure that no tree decoration hangs directly over it.
Have fun decorating your Christmas tree!