For the preparation of the May Wine Punch you need the following ingredients:
2 bottles of white wine (dry) or for the non-alcoholic version apple juice
1 bunch of woodruff, wilted
2 lemons or limes
1 bottle of sparkling wine (dry) or for the non-alcoholic version cold mineral water
Depending on taste:
Fresh fruit e. g. strawberries
- Pour the wine or juice into your punch bowl.
- Hang the bunch of woodruff on a string inside the wine or juice. – Attention! The ends must not be in the wine, otherwise bitter substances will release!
- Cut the lemons or limes into slices and stir them in carefully together with the mint.
- After 30 minutes, you take both the mint and the woodruff out of the bowl.
- After you have added the fresh fruits, you only have to pour cooled sparkling wine or cold mineral water and your homemade May Wine Punch is ready!
Tip: Freeze some of the fresh fruit beforehand; it is a great substitute for ice cubes!
Click here for the recipe.